Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Things Are Changing

As I think about the past and how things were when I grew up, I've noticed that things have taken a change for the worst. Everything from music to parenting to just overall respect. Kids these days have utterly no respect for their parents or any authoritative figure for that matter. The way I hear some of these kids talk to their parents...I wouldn't even talk to a wall that way! If I even thought about talking back to my mother I knew better than that. I witnessed a child tell his mother to "shut up and leave me alone". I don't know about you all, but I think I might have needed dentures after that one.  Music has taken a turn for the worst, too. It's to the point that I won't even listen to the radio anymore, because all you hear is sex, hoes, money, killing, and drugs. Back when I was growing up, music had meaning and told stories. Nowadays the only story you get is how they had sex with this one or how much of a thug someone is..and quite frankly I'm over it. Respect is the biggest thing that has taken a blow in today's society. You never find someone that will hold a door for you or say something as simple as "excuse me" or even a "bless you" when you sneeze. Southern hospitality has become southern disrespect. Things have got to change and as Michael Jackson said, "change starts with the man in the mirror". If individual efforts are made to improve these aspects, then overall change is inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment