Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Love vs. Obsession

Is there a such thing as loving someone too much? No, but there is a fine line between love and obsession. When you love someone, you trust that person and there is no doubt that what you see is what you get. When someone is obsessed, they have issues with trust, so they try to compensate for there lack of trust. This is where the constant questioning, and the checking of everything from digital belongings to the mail come in to play. Trust is the basis of any relationship, so without trust, there cannot be true love. The obsessed person wants to love, but they can't wholeheartedly love someone with a lack of trust. Trust is a difficult insecurity to overcome, and one that lacks trust may never completely trust again. There will always be that doubt instilled in that individuals mind, which makes this person very difficult to be with. To overcome trust issues, one must be shown that he/she can trust. Actions speak much louder than words, but in some cases it doesn't matter what you do or say, that person just doesn't trust. There are other factors that play into obsession such as: a sense of security, self-esteem, etc, but the line drawn between obsession and love can be defined by one word...TRUST!

2 comments:

  1. Well spoken. I have had someone not let me where make up or go outside. I even had to where a hoody in the middle on july. I've been caught up in two untrusting relationships to the point where I was even checking the electronics for evidence. That's when I just let it go. Never again will I let someone drag me down to the point of going through a phone. If I feel the need to check your phone I dont need to be with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! Don't you let anyone bring you down. Your strength must come from within. Independence is the key. Do not let anyone control your life.

      Delete